Wednesday 7 June 2017

30 Days Wild - a different perspective and a strange creature

It's always good to change your perspective on things! I particularly like looking at things at close to ground level, it often gives a good view of small invertebrates. There are no insects that I can see on these white clover flowers alongside the John Muir Walkway near Musselburgh but they look pretty from this low perspective


Also this lovely speckled wood butterfly was quite low down though later it was flying much higher

And does anyone know what this is? Is it some kind of rove beetle or a beetle larva? The photos aren't particularly good, if I'd managed to get my camera out quicker I might have been able to take a photo of it before it crawled into the grass! (Click on the photos for a larger view).

It was also lovely to see the sun again after a few days of constant rain!


5 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

I've been taking low level shots today, bees are liking the white clover here!

sage said...

No bees on the clover?

Crafty Green Poet said...

not today sage no, though usually there are!

RG said...

I do not know that bug. Rain is coming here!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely series of shots, but I can't help you on the bug ... sorry.

All the best Jan