Tuesday 23 May 2017

Sea Pottery crafts

I was delighted to receive a lovely parcel of sea pottery from a fellow blogger recently and have enjoyed planning what to do with it! I have donated some to Gorgie City Farm and the Lochend Secret Garden for their respective garden mosaic projects but the rest is for my own crafts!

I first made a ring, using the last of the ring bases I bought. For some reason the rings in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop haven't sold, so this will be the last I make unless they start selling....

This ring is in the shop here.

I then made two brooches of different sizes

which is in the shop here, and

which is in the shop here.

I'm also experimenting with hair grips, gluing sea pottery shards to kirby grips, but this is quite fiddly and I'll need to test one out to see how durable it is before making more. The other project I have in mind is to decorate picture frames or mirror frames with sea pottery shards.

I have also used sea glass in decorative bottles and a decorative candle holder!

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other pages where you can find out more.


5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty crafts! Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

A very cute object to see on this lovely day!

Geraldine said...

I love crafts made from natural products, these look very intriguing Juliet. Good luck with your shop and sales.

Etsy is such a competitive place, I know as I had a shop there years ago. I did have some sales but not enough to make it worthwhile timewise.

Lowcarb team member said...

They look nice, especially the brooches.
Good luck with your sales ...

All the best Jan

Sandy said...

I like the ring, but don't often wear them. How are the broaches selling? Love the old pottery pieces.