Wednesday 22 June 2016

Tree bumblebees and fledging blue tits for 30 Days Wild

Tree bumblebees are relatively new to Scotland, I saw my first here last year. They are adorable looking insects and today I was delighted to find a cotoneaster bush literally buzzing with tree bumblebees, common carders and white tailed / buff tailed bumblebees (its a tree bumblebee in the photo).

The photo isn't the best in the world, but those bees whizz around at some speed and my camera battery died after only three photos!

It was also lovely today to find two separate families of blue tits fledging in trees in the Meadows, bouncing from branch to branch above my head. Young blue tits are so cute with their little yellow faces..... Sorry, no photos, but as I mentioned above, the camera battery failed me.... (plus sometimes its just nice to stand and watch, without worrying about focussing a camera etc)

4 comments:

Magyar said...

In the greening trees; life is about and above; each flies to another.

Naquillity said...

the tree bumblebee was certainly enjoying that tree. it's definitely hard to capture something that small flying around. so sorry your battery died shortly afterword. but, it did give you an excuse to watch those blue tits. i'll bet that was more fun anyway. have a great night~

Endless Night sounds like it might be a pretty good movie. i'd be quite upset if i found my husband had slept with another woman after traveling so far to see him again.

RG said...

Our big linden tree is blooming and full of bees - bzzzzzzzzzz, bzzzzzzzzzzzz

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

Bumblebees amaze me at how big they are and can fly so well - I love seeing them flying about the garden.
Happy Thursday
Hugs
Carolyn