Saturday 4 June 2016

Experimenting with photography for 30 Days Wild

As anyone who reads a few of my blogposts will realise, I enjoy taking and sharing photos here. Over the last couple of days I've been taking advantage of the bright sunshine to take some more abstract photos of the natural world

I love the effects of dappled light through the trees (above and below)

I also love the way the light plays on the grass in the photo below

the sparkling sea at West Voe from our recent trip to Shetland


and the patterns on the sand on the same beach



Over this weekend, we're enjoying various of Edinburgh's greenspaces with my parents who are visiting. I'll post more about that tomorrow!

For 30 Days Wild and Shadow Shot Sunday

11 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

I loved that first photo. There is something eerie but also equally beautiful in int. Thanks.

Greetings from London.

Marcie said...

Love those photos of shadow and light!

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Great shots, the lot! Sun has arrived here, just in time for me to go back on shift.

Klara said...

nice series.

Lowcarb team member said...

They are lovely photo's.
Enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

Bill said...

I love the fusion of representation and abstraction in these.

RG said...

Butterfly watching today ...

s.c said...

Nice experiments. Make some more.

Sandy said...

All nice, but I like the first and last best. Great work!

Janneke said...

Lovely, the shadows, the grass, the water and the sand. There is so much to see and to photograph I always make too many of them and then don't know which to chose for my blog.

Naquillity said...

what great images for 30 Days Wild... sounds like you had a nice visit with your family. going now to read about it. hope all is well.