Sunday 13 January 2013

New pincushion - very easy to make!

Given my New Year's resolution to make more crafts, I soon realised that I needed a real pincushion. I had found a nice design for one, which I wanted to make, but then one of our candles burned down and I realised that the lovely clay pot would make a perfect, sturdy base for a pincushion. So here it is!


I just folded a scrap of pretty fabric round a lump of the material you'd use to stuff a cushion (kapok or an artificial equivalent, I'm not quite sure which it is!) and then put the whole lot in the candle pot. So this will sit by my side as I do my sewing projects!

I have to say too, my new year's resolution is being made easier by a) inspiration from Pinterest (which is full of wonderful crafty ideas) and b) a large stash of crafting materials from a friend! 

7 comments:

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

True craftmanship...sorry craftwomanship.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like crafts that are useful so I heartily approve of the pincushion. :)) Good luck keeping your resolution and I hope you show us more of your finished work.

eileeninmd said...

Cute idea, Juliet! And it is great to recycle the pot. Wishing you a happy week ahead!

Bill said...

Makes a pretty picture.

RG said...

I've got a big pile of wood scraps just waiting for insiration - shall I send them?

Great resolution.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

Your new pincushion is really neat and such a lovely idea using an old candle pot.

Happy new week
hugs
Carolyn

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks everyone

EG VameraGirl - well I am Crafty Green Poet so definitely hope to share more of my finished crafty projects!

Rabbit's Guy - there might be someone more local who could use them?