Tuesday 6 November 2012

un lapin francais visite a Edimbourg!

C'est magnifique! On 18 September, Charlotte at Cottontails Baby announced that Sylvain the Moulin Roty bunny had itchy paws and wanted to go travelling! Yesterday I was delighted when there was a knock at the door and there was Sylvain himself, complete with his French passport!

He quickly made friends with some of our rabbits:

then demanded a guided tour of the house and was delighted to find a selection of French books!

He chose the one that looked easiest and sat down again with his new friends to read to them

However, Fudge was soon distracted by the food that Sylvain had brought in his little bag:

and Minigaff began to wonder if she could use the Moulin Roty L'Explorateur compass to find her way back to the Dumfriesshire village that she's named after.

Meanwhile Anoushka (made by Anette of Leveret's Nest), decided that the adorable bunny hairgrips from Lottie Nottie that had been added to the box would suit her and no-one else!

Sylvain has now asked to meet some of the wild bunnies in Edinburgh and I've promised to take him to a warren near the Water of Leith if the weather is good in the next few days! Then after he has explored Edinburgh, he'll move on to the next host!

You can read about Sylvain's adventures at Lottie Nottie's here

As ever, red text contains hyperlinks that take you to other webpages where you can find out more! 

16 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Bienvenue, Sylvain!

'Tsuki said...

Excellent report of this so very important meeting...

I like the smile you manage to put on my face.

Unknown said...

Do you read French? I studied it for 10 plus years including a single graduate class. I am so rusty now I get tongue tied.
I was in Edinburgh this summer. I didn't know that was where you hailed from. What a wonderful city. I definitely have to visit again (we only had around 5 days).

Crafty Green Poet said...

Sarala - yes I read French, in fact I speak French too but I can't hear it, so I'm no good at conversation!

Glo said...

I thought of you when I saw this recent post from Uphilldowndale

Your rabbit colony is growing leaps and bounds :) Welcome to the new addition :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Juliet,

Loved reading the arrival of your cute lapin francais and looks like all the lapins will be happy together.

Enjoy the week
hugs
Carolyn

The Weaver of Grass said...

What an absolutely intriguing post Juliet. I was enthralled.

EG CameraGirl said...

Sweet post. You have so many rabbit-y friends, it appears. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lucky bunny! He found some friendly hosts!

He knocked on your door? Did he walk there? ;>)

I love rabbits. Any kind.

Bill said...

Hearing it is the hard part for me, too.

One from the past:

away at school
her stuffed animals lean
on each other

RG said...

AWWwwww ................

Lisa Alto said...

So excited to see Sylvain's adventures and can't wait to see when he'll be coming to visit us!

Dave King said...

Superb! Quite delicious...

Some worktops dude said...

Tres bien! I didn't know you were a French-speaker :)

bunnits said...

How delightful to have your little French visitor.

Many years ago I studied French for 4 years. Had a great vocabulary and was excellent at reading, a bit self-conscious at speaking, but really bad at hearing. Somewhat comforting to hear someone else with a similar problem.

Annette Tait said...

ha ha! that's funny :) nearly missed this Juliet!