Tuesday 23 October 2012

Autumn colours and more spiders webs

It was dull and drizzly this morning, but that didn't stop me enjoying my weekly wander by the Water of Leith. Colinton Dell is amazingly beautiful in the autumn!





Like yesterday on Corstorphine Hill, there were spiders webs everywhere, unlike yesterday I could capture them on film! This wonderful old yew tree is covered with spiders webs at the moment!



I've uploaded several of my photos of Colinton and Craiglockart Dells onto the Visit Woods website. If you're in the UK. you can quite easily sign up to the website, search for your nearest woodland and add your photos too! The website also has lots of ideas for activities to do in the woods!

As ever, text in red contains hyperlinks that take you to other web-pages where you can find out more.

12 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh what a beautiful place :)

EG CameraGirl said...

So lovely this time of year!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I passed a hedge on my way up to Tesco this morning Juliet - it was absolutely festooned with those little 'hammock' webs - all it needed was a bit of frost to make it magic - maybe we shall get that at the weekend.

Caroline Gill said...

... I gather some of us may get that touch of frost next week!

Lovely water and spider web hammocks, Juliet.

Ms Sparrow said...

Isn't amazing that all those webs were there all along but weren't visible until now? Lovely photos!

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

I really enjoy your photographs, these latest ones in particular.

Writing me about Geckos in Malawi you reminded me of "heat". Actually these autumn days in Venice are very warm, maybe too warm. Today I was perspiring wearing only a shirt.
Global warming nearer and nearer?

Greenpatches said...

Absolutely beautiful! And thanks for the link.There are a good few places close to me I've still to explore.

eileeninmd said...

What a beautiful place for a walk. Love the pretty Autumn colors. the webs are cool, they look neat when they have some dew on them. Great post, Juliet!

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there to see such a beautiful place! Enjoyed the photos Juliet.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos.

Dartford Warbler said...

What a beautiful place to walk and enjoy the autumn colours.

HKatz said...

Yet another reminder of why autumn is my favorite season :)