Thursday 25 February 2010

Creative Blogger Award


I was delighted that Angie awarded me this a few days ago. The idea now is that I share seven secrets about myself. So here are seven, possibly not so secret, things about me:

1. I recently joined Twitter and am suprised by how much I'm enjoying it! If you're into that sort of thing you can follow me at: http://twitter.com/craftygreenpoet

2. Actually this one may be a secret - I've been offered an exciting new job. My current job is coming to an end at the end of March but straight after Easter I'll start a new one. I don't want to count my (organic) chickens before they're hatched so I won't say more than that until things have been finalised.

3. I have a poetry chapbook coming out soon! You can find a sneak preview of the front cover here. More details as I get them!

4. I was recently chosen as Blog of Note, which has meant a lot of new followers (hello there!) and a lot of extra spam (I'm hoping this is only temporary, otherwise I'll need to resort to comment moderation).
5. I'm no good at these kinds of lists so will stop here....


Then i need to pass on the award to seven other bloggers. There are a lot of very creative blogs out there and I’m reluctant to choose but I thought I’d highlight:

Two Creative Blogs that I’ve discovered since joining Twitter:

Nat Hall’s Nordic Blackbird – Nat shares words and photos of Shetland and makes me want to visit again that wonderful group of islands to the far north of Scotland.

Claire and her family blog at The Spider Tribe's Bardic blog – the family are dedicated nature lovers, and they share poetry, drawings and photos of their observations

Four Creative Bunny Bloggers

Diana Moll’s Qi Papers – lots of wonderful rabbit stories with lovely photos, oh and paintings too.

Glenna’s Eye of the Needle – bunnies and cross stitch!

Alice's Potentially Nervous – bunnies and lovely photos and a new bunny merchandise website to visit

Annette's Dragon House of Yuen - real live rabbits and wonderful fabric hares.


Three Other Creative Blogs

Jasmine's Natures Whispers - beautiful felt creations

Cathy's One Pink Goose – sharing her own beautiful artwork and that of so many other wonderful artists

Angie herself has a lovely blog of short poetry and photos.

Oh and thanks to Rachel for saying such nice things about this blog in her recent post here!

15 comments:

P. M. Doolan said...

Congratulations!

angela recada said...

Congratulations on the award - and on your new job!

Jasmine said...

Congratulations on the award and thank you so much for passing it on to me :)

Congratulations on the job and the book too xJ

Golden West said...

That's wonderful news that your poems will be published soon - all best wishes!

Nat Hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award. It's well deserved!

Paz

Nat Hall said...

Humble thanks for this award and Congratulations on YOURS, Juliet! :))
Awesome light in a day full of snow!
Kindest regards,
N

Alice said...

is this where nuage would accept your invitation? he's got his bells on...no pun intended at first then i heard myself type it...and thought i'll have to use that someday.

thank you so much for thinking of us and thank you so much for the write up!

xop

Annette Tait said...

thank you kindly for the mention Juliet!
fingers crossed for your new j..

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

Congratulations for your pamphlet.

Davide ( Tommaso )

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Awards are fun! thank you for passing this one on. Sounds like a good change is in store for you, the Tiger likes you.

RG said...

Anticipation ... exciting news!

Charlotte said...

Thanks for popping over :-)

Love your list of creative bunny bloggers.

xx

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award and on the upcoming publication of your poetry! That's wonderful. I enjoyed learning a bit more about you too so thanks for sharing. Good luck with your new job.
Hugs and blessings,

Cathy said...

Thanks for passing on the award Juliet. I have had that particular one for a long time from someone else but I have added your name and linked it to your blog. Sorry to hear about the spam. A blogger friend told me about all of hers so I put comment moderation in place as soon as I started my blog.