Thursday 26 November 2009

Waving not Drowning

The Wave is Scotland’s biggest ever demonstration in support of action on climate change On Saturday 5 December 2009, ahead of the crucial UN climate summit in Copenhagen, thousands of people from across Scotland, from all walks of life, will flow through the streets of Glasgow to demonstrate their support for a safe climate future for all. The Wave is organised by Stop Climate Chaos Scotland. Join The Wave if you can - however probably not a good idea to fly or drive to get there. You can find public transport options for getting to Glasgow from elsewhere in Scotland on Travel Line Scotland . You can find out about Wave events elsewhere in the UK here.

If you can’t be at the Wave you can make a Copenhagen Pledge at the Christian Aid website. Or you can join the 10:10 campaign – visit its comprehensive website and sign up here.

Thinking Green - you can find out more about how to participate in this weekly meme of Green Thinking here.

I'm delighted too that Michelle of Rambling Woods has awarded me the Green Thinker Award

6 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

A wonderful and important even, to be sure. I'll be there in spirit, marching. (I am a member of The Green Party, here in Canada and proudly sport its button everywhere I go!)

steven said...

i'm in the same geographical space as poetikat and support the greens. i bike - don't own a car - and drag my own family and class kicking and screaming to the world as it is becoming which is a very beautiful simply rich place. steven

Forthvalley scribe said...

I'll be there - Paul is going to be carrying the Justice and Peace banner. I'll look out for you!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Marvelous idea. From what I have learned about air travel, you're right that it is probably best that I stay home. But my sentiments are with you.

Alison Wiley said...

The Wave sounds wonderful! I'm glad to know it is happening, and sorry I cannot join in.

Rambling Woods said...

I went to the websites and signed up for what I could. I would love to come and support the wave...Lovely post for the green thinking crowd.. Thank you...Michelle