Monday 8 September 2008

The Puzzle Box by Paul Squires

When Paul sent me this book he said it wasn't at all environmental, but that doesn't mean he can't write about nature, this is lovely description from sunonhead (origins):

Sunonhead shades his eyes from the river glare and jiggles his big toe to summon fishy fish, blind to his moonwife winding her way through dappled eucalypt and melaleuca scented shade. A dingo slinks past her on his way to the den and an echidna bristles.

The whole book is a must read for anyone who is already a fan of Paul's blog. If you're not yet a fan, you can start reading his blog here. I've said more about The Puzzle Box on Over Forty Shades, you can read about it here.

6 comments:

Art and Poetry said...

Good post, Paul poem was nice!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by the other day :o) have not had much time of late to come and visit you :-/ (sorry) hope you are keeping well? Have now got pictures of budgie! Hope to see you again soon :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for the link. I haven't read Paul's blog before. He is FAB!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Thanks Art and Poetry - yes paul writes good poetry!

Gromit - hi there, your budgie is cute!

Selma - I'm glad you've finally found Paul's blog!

Ana said...

I am glad to see Paul's book reviewed.
he has a very good reading voice as well.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss saying thankyou here, Juliet. Sorry about the delay but you know me and these machines. You are a fabulous person and I can't thankyou enough for your support. You were and are always there as a touchstone for me of honesty, integrity and understanding and you are a fantastic poet yourself. Thankyou for being so you.