Thursday 27 December 2007

Best of the Year

I thought I'd do a round up of some of my favourite books, films, shows and exhibitions of the year that have some environmental connection. I buy all my books second hand so my favourite books are mostly not recently published, where they are, I've probably been sent review copies!

Poetry
Creatures of the Intertidal Zone by Susan Richardson
Gyrfalcon Poems by Colin Simms
The Good Neighbour by John Burnside

Novels
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell

Films
The Wild Blue Yonder - Werner Herzog

Theatre
Planting the Dunk Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh Festival Fringe

Exhibitions
Seeing Dragons in the Clouds, Edinburgh City Art Centre
Weaving Words - Anna S King, National Museum of Scotland

More of my Best of the Year over at my Alter Ego Blog.

Best of the Year for Booking through Thursday, with added extras!

10 comments:

oneluvgurl said...

Happy BTT and thanks for visiting! Nice list!

Anonymous said...

Great list. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas1

Kamsin said...

I'm reading Cloud Atlas at the moment and loving it. It's got to be the best book I've read in a long time. Really can't praise it highly enough!

Literary Feline said...

What a great idea! You added a personal touch. :-) I've been thinking of reading something by David Mitchell, but have yet to do so. I've good things about his work.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Kamsin - isn't it just wonderful?

Literary Feline - he's a brilliant writer, I'm now looking for his other novels!

Selma - thanks, yes we had a great Christmas - hope you did too!

Oneluvgirl - thanks and you're welcome!

Alix said...

I loved Cloud Atlas have you read his first book Number 9 Dream that is excellent

Unknown said...

Some good ideas for the New Year for me. Thanks for the list.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Alix - not yet, all his other books are currently on my wishlist!

Sarala - glad it gave you ideas!

Jennifer S. Flescher said...

Lovely list, and lot's of nice ideas and beautiful crafts.

Jennifer

Alice said...

I've heard so many great things about Cloud Atlas. I really must get to it one of these days...